UPS showed up today with my top and strap kit from WeeBee Webbing.
I got excited and threw the top and straps on – they looked GREAT!
I took a drive up the driveway and around the field – she ran GREAT! After a little while, I took another drive – and she started acting up halfway up the driveway!
I took a break and decided to change the trans and transfer oils. I bought a transfer pump from Advance Auto a few months ago in anticipation of changing these fluids. I have a 5 gal pail of 80w90 military gear oil that I have been using to fill up a quart bottle – this is a PITA! I spent $15 on the transfer pump, although Harbor Freight had the same one for $7! This is A VERY good investment when it comes to changing or adding fluids to an M38a1! It took me about 20 minutes to change fluids!
I have one more day to work on the Jeep before the rally/show. Even though it’s acting up after a short drive, I don’t think I’m going to try to figure out what’s going on with it. I will spend tomorrow fixing small stuff.
Thursday will be spent pressure washing the trailer, washing the Jeep and getting stuff together for the show.