I installed the gloves and new hoses on my new (old) cabinet blaster this afternoon so that I could get some small parts cleaned up and primed. You can’t beat a cabinet blaster for that job. I only had some medium grit black beauty to go in it, so the parts came out a little rougher than I like. I’ll have to go by Tractor Supply to pick up a bag of glass beads to put ibut it.
I cleaned them up with Naptha and sprayed a couple of coats of red oxide on them after that. I SHOULD be able to scuff them up with a Scotch Brite pad before paint and come out with a smooth finish.
Planning on blasting the grill and windshield frame and getting them in primer tomorrow. If time permits, I might even spray some color on all these parts!
While looking for the blasting media to put in the cabinet, I ran across a 5 gal bucket full of Jeep parts that I forgot I had! It had a few things on it that I need – mirror arm, reflector brackets and (maybe) vacuum wiper motors.