I took my front wheels to JTs Powdercoat to get them blasted on Monday.
I went back to Piedmont on Tuesday to exchange the bad light switch. I came home with a pair of new (insides looked new, and he gave me new lenses) front B.O. marker lights, new (looked new inside) left rear tail light and 3 used NDCCs.
I stopped by to pick my wheels up from sand blasting on the way home. Once home, I quickly sprayed them with primer to keep them from rusting.
Yesterday afternoon I threw a coat of paint on my freshly primed wheels, spare tire mount, bumperette, b.o. marker lights and lenses and light switch. I screwed up and thinned the paint too much and it wouldn’t dry!
So this morning I went out, scuffed and sanded everything and sprayed everything again! Turned out MUCH better this time an’s dried quickly. I also went ahead and pulled my spare wheel off the old m100 – scuffed and sprayed it too.
After the switch had time to dry a little I installed it back into the dash to finish that off. I used a piece of 220 grit sand paper to reveal the letters on the switch.
Last thing for the day was to get started on the front springs and axle. Man, chipping and scraping those hubs was a pain! I used a paint scraper, flat screwdriver, gasket scraper and a wire brush. I don’t what kind of paint that white is, but it IS tough! After about 2hrs I finally had it stripped and painted all the way to the the diff housing.
I started stripping the right side – I got the hub done. I guess I’ll finish this and the rest of the axle and springs tomorrow. I’m also planning on getting the tires put on.